It’s super cool to craft with yarn! Designed by Heidi Borchers, this yarn votive and pen holder are quick to make thanks to Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Spray. Personalize a pretty votive or pen holder with your favorite plain or fancy yarns.
Watch Heidi’s super cool Yarn Votive Holder YouTube video tutorial!
Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Spray
Aleene’s Acrylic Spray Sealer – Matte (you must use this first if you are applying Fast Grab Tacky Spray to glass surfaces)
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
Yarn – colors of your choice
Fancy yarn – (if you want to add a fancy finish effect)
Embellishments – beads, wire
Jewelry findings – jump rings, eye pins, flat head pins
1. If using glass votive, clean surface of all grease and/or dust.
2. In a well ventilated area, spray outside surfaces with Spray Sealer. Let dry.
3. In a well ventilated area, spray outside surfaces with Fast Grab Tacky Spray.
4. Immediately press end of plain yarn into adhesive and wrap around and around votive until entire outside surface is covered in yarn. Use Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue to secure end of yarn to votive. Let dry.
5. If using fancy yarn, glue in place over plain yarn with Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue.
6. Embellish with beads and wire as desired.