Cool2Cast takes on a festive holiday look with leaves and holly berries. Created by Tiffany Windsor using the Wilton Pumpkins and Leaves silicone mold, this wreath features vivid greens and bright berries on a ribbon wrapped foam board base. A pretty addition to your holiday decor. For more hints, tips and techniques on this project, click to watch Tiffany’s YouTube video tutorial! For more ideas, visit the Cool2Cast website.
Cool2Cast – available in the polymer clay section at Michaels or on-line
Water and measuring cups
Wilton Pumpkins and Leaves Silicone Mold (I used 12 leaves on wreath)
Half-round Cool2Cast shapes (for holly berries and spacers)
Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink – Meadow, Lettuce, Cranberry
Soft bristle brush (I use kids craft brushes to apply alcohol inks)
Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer
Wire (for hanger)
1. Create leaves and half-rounds from Cool2Cast. (Follow package directions to mix and pour or check out the video tutorials at www.cool2cast.com.) Let dry completely.
2. Apply Meadow and Lettuce alcohol inks to leaves directly from bottle. This will give you a very intense color. Vary the colors for shading and highlights.
3. Mix drops of Lettuce with water and brush on to 6 of the half-round spacers. Apply Cranberry directly from bottle to 6 of the half-rounds to create holly berries. Let ink dry.
4. Apply Crystal Lacquer directly from bottle to flat surface of leaves. You want a nice thick coat. Apply to berries (when working on curved surfaces, just apply with fingertip.) Set aside to dry overnight.
5. Measure, mark and cut approximate 9″ circle from foamboard. Cut approximate 3″ circle from center. (You can vary the size of your wreath depending on the look you want to create. Just lay out your leaves in different patterns to decide on size of finished wreath.)
6. Apply a dab of glue to the end of ribbon and glue to back of foam board. Begin to wrap ribbon around and around the wreath shape pulling tightly as you wrap. Cut off excess ribbon and glue end to back of wreath.
7. Arrange leaves on front of wreath, spacing to create two overlapping layers. (6 leaves on each layer). Glue first layer to ribbon wreath.
8. Glue half-round spacers between leaves. (These spacers will help to level the second row of leaves.)
9. Apply glue to top of spacers and ends of middle leaves. Press in place to create second layer.
10. Apply glue to back of berries and glue in place. Set aside to dry.
11. To create hanger, cut 3″ strip of ribbon. Twist wire into loop, crossing wires and twisting several times. Spread wire ends perpendicular to loop. Positioning so that loop appears above ribbon edge, glue wire to back of ribbon. Glue ribbon to center top back of wreath. Let dry.
12. Display indoors.