With Spellbinders’ wide selection of dies, you can create all kinds of cute vignettes for wall art in small spaces. Take advantage of both the die-cut shapes and the space they leave behind to make sweet picture pairings. This project is a great way to combine several rich solid colors of your favorite cardstock, and Spellbinders’ gorgeous embossing folders are perfect for adding texture and interest to your design. For more hints and tips, watch my YouTube video tutorial!
Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Embossing Folders
Grand Caliber Diecutting Machine
Magnetic placement mat
Cardstock – solid colors
Glue stick and/or craft glue
Chipboard or metal tag embellishments
1. Choose three coordinating colors of cardstock – in the “Home” example, I used purple swiss dot, blue and yellow. Place one color in an embossing folder (your choice of pattern) and run it through the Grand Caliber, then repeat for a second color to create your embossed background sheets. Trim each to 5” x 7”.
2. Emboss one strip each of the same two background colors with a different pattern and trim each strip to 7/8” x 5”.
3. Arrange a vignette of small dies on the magnetic sheet (positioned on the base plate), add the third color of card stock (purple swiss dot) and the cutting plate, then run it through the Grand Caliber.
4. Carefully remove the die-cut shapes and trim the purple sheet to 5” wide by whatever depth is appropriate for the “negative” design.
5. Glue a “positive” vignette to one background, and the “negative” vignette to the other background, leaving room for the embossed strip at the bottom.
6. Glue a strip to each vignette (contrast the colors) and add a tag embellishment to the center. Place them in matching 5” x 7” frames and enjoy!