Grab an oversize t-shirt and roll on some paint. Add a few stenciled designs and you have one rockin’ tee! Savannah Starr layers her rocker tee over black leggings, added her red lip earrings and finished the look with her red fuzzy shoes. When rocking the boyfriend tee look, you can belt or tie your shirt to size. Watch Savannah’s super cool YouTube video on this project!
Tulip Soft Fabric Paint – Matte white
Tulip Multi-Surface Skull Stencil #24308
Black t-shirt (or color of your choice)
Mini paint roller and paint tray
Optional: freezer paper or wax paper
1. Lay t-shirt onto smooth work surface. If you do not want the paint to bleed through, insert freezer paper inside shirt and sleeves.
2. Apply stencil(s) onto sleeve (or wherever desired on shirt)
3. Pour paint into tray and run roller through paint several times. With the graffiti effect you do not need the paint to be evenly distributed. Roll paint roller over paper towel to remove excess paint.
4. To decorate front of shirt, roll paint roller over fabric several times without reloading paint. This will create varying paint patterns on shirt. (See video for example.) NOTE: you do not need a lot of paint to create a really awesome design. Don’t oversaturate the shirt with paint.
5. Carefully roll paint over stencil leaving some t-shirt fabric showing through. This gives more of a graffiti effect.
6. When you have finished applying paint, remove stencil (be sure to wipe it clean with wet wipe so that you can re-use.)
7. Let paint dry completely and repeat design on back if desired.
Click here for tutorial on how to make Savannah’s Red Lips Water Bottle Earrings!
Click here for video tutorial on how to make Savannah’s Fuzzy Red Heels!