Sachets are such a lovely gift, especially when they’re handmade! Candace Jedrowicz turns the sleeve of a favorite t-shirt into lavender scented treasure decorated with Tulip Beads in a Bottle for an ombre effect!
Watch Candace’s fun and easy Lavender Tee Sachet YouTube video tutorial!
Sewing machine and/or needle and thread
Tulip Beads in a Bottle – I used Pearl, Amethyst and Tanzanite because my t-shirt is lavender
Dried lavender buds
1. Draw or trace heart shape measuring about 3″ x 3″ on your material. Cut two. Place right sides together.
2. Using a straight stitch, sew along the pencil line leaving an inch of the seam open for stuffing.
3. Cut the material 1/4″ from the seam. Clip close to the stitching on the curves.
4. Turn the shape right side out.
5. Practice using the Beads in a Bottle until you’re confident you can control the size and shape of the beads.
6. Begin and the bottom of the heart shape with the darkest Beads in a Bottle color. Take the beads about 1/3 of the way up the heart. Leave some spaces between for the next color.
7. At this point, you can let the first color dry or begin the next lighter color. Make beads up to 2/3 of the way up the heart and leave a few spaces for the lightest color.
8. Apply the lightest color to finish the heart shape. Allow to dry.
9. Fill the heart half full with lavender buds.
10. Stitch the opening closed.