Savannah Starr loves to accessorize! This no-sew embellished ribbon headband is quick and easy to make! Featured on Cool2Craft TV.
Watch Savannah’s Embellished Ribbon Headband YouTube video tutorial!
Ribbon – #9 width (or width of your choice)
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape
Elastic (narrower than ribbon)
Embellishments – brooches, clip-on earrings
1. Measure head from forehead to back of head hairline. Cut ribbon to measurement.
2. Cut piece of elastic approximately 3″ in length.
3. Apply strip of Peel & Stick Tape to each end of ribbon. Remove paper backing from tape and fold over end of ribbon to create clean edge.
4. Apply another piece of tape at each end of ribbon. Remove paper backing from one side and press end of elastic into adhesive. Apply strip of tape over elastic so that you have a solid coverage of adhesive at end, from side to side.
5. Fold over first side (edge) of ribbon and press into adhesive. Fold over second side of ribbon and press into adhesive. Be sure that you are covering all exposed adhesive with ribbon. (Watch my video tutorial above to see this step.)
6. Repeat to secure other end of elastic. Press all glued edges firmly into ribbon.
7. Pin brooch or clip earring to front of ribbon and carefully slip onto head.