Debbie Tlach at Ranger Ink shared her mini mixed media canvas design with us when we were at CHA. I was amazed at how many cool techniques were loaded into this wonderfully tiny project! You can make all kinds of awesome art and embellishments with Ranger’s line of Melt Art products.
You have a chance to win your own Melting Pot, UTEE, Heat It Inks and a Texture Tread!! Leave a comment here on this post to enter by 4/14/13.
Ranger Melting Pot
Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (aka UTEE)
Heat It Inks
Tim Holtz Distress Paint
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic Paint
Mini stretched canvas
Decorative tissue paper
Craft glue and glue stick
Heat gun and non-stick craft mat
Water in mister bottle
Small heart-shaped cookie cutter
Metal accent embellishments
1. Pour some UTEE powder into the Melting Pot, add a few drops of ink to color, and allow 10-12 minutes to melt (follow package directions) while you prepare the base of the canvas
2. Wrap canvas with tissue paper, adhering with glue stick.
3. Mist some water on to the canvas and dab some Distress Paints on top, mist again and allow colors to swirl together; allow to dry (use heat tool if desired).
4. Dip one corner of the painted canvas into the melted UTEE, flip it over on to your mat and immediately press a Texture Tread into the UTEE for about a minute; remove tread.
5. Use your finger to brush a little acrylic paint over the raised areas of the UTEE to enhance the tread pattern.
6. To make the heart embellishment, pour a puddle of melted UTEE on to a Texture tread and place the cookie cutter in the center of the puddle; allow a few minutes to harden.
7. Press the cookie cutter against the tread to cut through the hardened UTEE and remove the heart.
8. Use your finger to brush a little Perfect Pearls over the raised areas of the heart to enhance the tread pattern.
9. Glue the heart and desired accent embellishments opposite the dipped corner and trim away excess UTEE as desired.