Dig into your crafting doo dads to create a HAPPY frame! Perfect for all those left-over supplies. EcoHeidi Borchers shows how to mix and match any color and embellishment shapes with an easy painting technique. Featuring mosaic letter tiles, wood pieces, buttons, beads, metal washers, mirror tiles and more all glued in place with Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue.
Watch EcoHeidi’s This & That Frame YouTube tutorial!
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
Doo dads – mosaic letter tiles, wood shapes, buttons, beads, mirror tiles, shells, metal washers, paper butterfly, pearls, soda can tabs, dice
Blue masking tape
Spray paint – white flat
Acrylic paint – pink, blue
1. Arrange mosaic letter tiles on frame and glue in place. Cut piece of masking tape to fit on top of the letters. (This will help to protect them when spray painting.)
2. Glue remaining pieces to cover entire front of frame. Let dry.
3. Spray entire frame white. Let dry.
4. Apply acrylic paint with dry brush technique by dipping brush into paint and then wiping off most of the paint on paper towel. Brush to apply colors lightly. Let dry.
5. If desired, glue mirror tiles randomly over painted pieces. Let dry.