Do you remember wearing a towel like a cape and pretending to fly like Superman when you were a kid? Candace Jedrowicz never stopped doing that. She can be seen flying around town all the time. Not really, but she’d love to! Candace shares a fun and easy super hero costume that can be made with things you have around the house!
Watch Candace’s Silly Super Hero Mask YouTube video tutorial!
Felt in a light and dark color or paper plate and markers/crayons
Aleene’s No Sew Glue or Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
Black eyelash yarn or colored paper
Glittery foam or paper plate for the crown and chest emblem
Gems or whatever your super hero wants to decorate with
Long sleeve shirt
Letters for the chest emblem – foam, paper. felt. wrapping paper, etc.
Headband or ribbon
Super Hero Printout 1
Super Hero Printout 2
1. Print out the patterns and cut them out.
2. Use regular paper to measure the mask for the eye holes before cutting on your material.
3. Glue the mask to the bottom of your crown and decorate with gems or glitter. Cut pieces of eyelash yarn or paper to fit under the upper eye hole. Glue in place. If you use paper, it’s a good idea to cut the lash slits before gluing on.
4.Whether you are using material or paper, glue a piece of material to the inside of the headband. Cover the outside of the headband and material with glue and wrap the mask and crown around it. Make sure it’s not too close to the eye holes. Use clothespins to hold it together as it dries. If you don’t want to use a headband – make holes on the outer points of the mask and use ribbons for ties.
5. Make your chest emblem any shape you want and glue on letters, or a logo or anything at all Glue the gator pin on the back, reenforce with material. I used felt on the back with a slit so that I could slip the clip through.
6. Use your imagination do the magic and have FUN!