Glitter and hearts aren’t just for little girls anymore! These easy to make polymer clay beads are pressed into a mold that you make yourself! Candace Jedrowicz will walk you through the process and you’ll come out all kinds of sparkly! Featured on Cool2Craft TV.
Watch Candace’s Glitter Heart Beads Necklace YouTube video tutorial!
Polymer clay – any color(s) you like
Polymer clay molding compound
Fine glitter – in the same colors as your clay1
Needle tool or toothpick
Crochet needle to smooth the clay
Spray bottle with water
1. Make a small flattish heart shape from clay and bake it according to directions.
2. Dust the heart with powder. Condition a piece of the molding compound and press it over the heart. Remove the heart and bake the mold according to the directions.
3. Condition clay by smashing it in your fingers and rolling it in your palms.
4. Roll the soft clay in glitter and repeat the conditioning to work it in. Repeat until it’s glittery enough for your liking.
5. Spritz the mold and press a small amount of clay in it. Pop the clay out of the mold and repeat.
6. Put the 2 hearts back to back and smooth the edges with the crochet needle.
7. Use the needle tool to make a hole in the bead for stringing.
8. Bake according to directions.