Polymer clay is so much fun to experiment with! Candace Jedrowicz created the perfect frame for a beautiful little polymer clay heart. The heart was made with layers of gorgeous, red foiled strips of clay and needed a dramatic, yet subtle frame. Featured on Cool2Craft.com.
Watch Candace’s Polymer Clay Bezel Frame Pendant YouTube video tutorial!
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
Focal bead – it could be anything at all
Black polymer clay
Cookie cutters – 1 1/2″ square and 3/4″ square
Rubber stamp with lots of detail
1. Roll your clay out on the widest setting on your pasta machine – about 1/8″.
2. Cut one large square. Double the thickness of the clay and cut one more large square.
3. Spritz the rubber stamp with water and press it into the double thick square.
4. Center the smaller cookie cutter in the stamped piece and cut.
5. Place the open frame piece carefully on the background square and press gently in place. Trim edges, if needed with the tissue blade or smooth with the knitting needle.
6. Use the needle tool to make a hole for hanging. Bake according to directions.
7. Use a finger to rub metallic paste on the stamped side to accent the stamp detail.
8. Glue the focal bead in place.