Of all the projects Candace Jedrowicz crafted this year, the Tissue Box Pendant made the biggest impact! Candace has been collecting tons of boxes with lovely prints and finishes and making all kinds of fun things. Featured on Cool2Craft TV.
Watch Candace’s super cool Tissue Box Earring YouTube video tutorial!
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
Scissors and/or shape punch – I used a 1 1/8″ circle punch
Small hole punch – I used a 1/8″
Weight or clamp (to hold pieces together while glue dries)
20 gauge wire
Round nose pliers
Chain nose pliers
High grit sandpaper or fingernail buffer
1. Cut or punch 2 shapes for each earrings and one piece to go between the 2.
2. Glue each set of the 3 layers together, place a weight or clamp on each assemblage and allow to dry.
3. Punch a small hole in each for hanging.
4. Cut a 3″ piece of wire for each earring.
5. Beginning 1″ from one end, fold over the round nose pliers and crimp with the chain nose pliers to form a loop.
6. Slide the loop through the hole in the cardboard and slip a bead over both wire ends.
7. Grasp the loop with the round nose pliers and wrap the short wire tail around the long tail.
8. Bend the long tail around the handle of the pliers (or anything that you have handy) to form the ear wire and cut off the excess.
8. File the ends of the the ear wires until smooth.