Create your own custom stamped holiday gift wrap for Christmas or any special occasion or holiday. Tiffany Windsor created a custom stamp with craft foam alphabet letters and foamboard to stamp a cheerful greeting on kraft paper. Click to watch Tiffany’s YouTube video tutorial.
Kraft paper (or brown paper bag or plain newsprint paper)
Craft foam alphabet letters
Aleene’s Fun Craft Foam Glue
Acrylic paint – white or color of your choice
Brayer or cosmetic sponge (to apply paint to letters)
1. Lay out your alphabet letters to determine size of foamboard needed. Cut piece of foam board 1/4″ larger than measurements.
2. Glue alphabet letters to foamboard keeping in mind that you will need to glue the letters face down so they will appear backwards when looking at the stamp. This way they will stamp right side up. Let glue dry.
3. Squeeze paint onto wax paper. Roll brayer into paint and roll onto letters. (Note: if you are using the self-adhesive alphabet letters, you will need to remove the paper backing from the letters at this step. The letters will be sticky until you apply the paint.)
4. To “season” your stamp, roll one thin coat of paint onto the alphabet letters and let dry for about 10 minutes. Then, roll another coat of paint onto letters.
5. Align and stamp onto paper. Reapply paint and continue to stamp until entire paper is covered with words. Let paint dry.