Savannah Starr found a pair of $5,000 fuzzy shoes in her favorite fashion magazine. After a fashion haul at Forever 21 to find the perfect red heels and a stop at her favorite fabric store, Savannah created her own fuzzy heels!
Watch Savannah’s How to Make Your Own Red Fuzzy Heels video tutorial!
High heels (color of your choice but nice to select a pair that matches with your fabric)
Fuzzy fabric (The fuzzy fabric used has a slight stretch to it — this is important to get a good fit on the shoe.)
Sandpaper – fine grade
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
1. If your high heels have a slick surface, use sandpaper to lightly sand to roughen up the surface. (Note: on my heels, I did not sand the heels because I did not cover them with fabric.)
2. Measure along bottom outside edge. Add 3″ to measurement.
3. Measure from front toe to inside edge. Add 2″ to measurement. Cut two piece of fuzzy fabric to measurements.
4. To help fabric from fraying, apply line of Aleene’s Tacky Glue along outside edges. Let dry.
5. Cut Peel & Stick Tape into approximate 2″ lengths. Apply along top and bottom outside edges of shoe and along inside edge.
6. Peel off bottom release paper on outside edge of shoe. Lay edge of fabric along seam line in shoe pressing into sticky adhesive. Continue on other side of shoe until you have glued the fabric in place along the bottom edge.
7. Peel off top release paper on outside edge of shoe, gently pull fabric so that it is snug against the shoe and press into sticky adhesive along the top edge.
8. Cut away excess fabric to make a clean seam at the back of shoe.
9. Cut away excess fabric along the top edge leaving enough fabric (approximately 1/2″) to pull inside the shoe and press into sticky adhesive.
10. Check all edges to be sure they are securely glued in place. Repeat for second shoe.