Tiffany Windsor shares her tips for making a fall twigs vase quick and easy. After testing several gluing techniques, she found the easiest way to assemble this rustic home decor accent and shares those tips with you in her video tutorial. Click to watch Tiffany’s How to Make a Fall Twigs Vase YouTube video tutorial.
Aleene’s Tacky Glue
Small glass jar or vase
White copy paper
Pencil or pen
Wood twigs (or cinnamon sticks) – twigs should be as straight as possible
Wire cutter (or gardening cutters)
Ribbon or twine
1. Lay vase on paper. Use pencil to mark lines on paper indicating top and bottom of vase. These lines will be used to measure and cut twigs.
2. Apply three lines of glue around vase. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes to allow glue to start to dry.
3. Using measurement on paper, cut twigs to length with cutters. Cut enough twigs to fit around entire vase.
4. Once glue has set as recommended in step 2 above, set vase on work surface. Press each twig into glue using the work surface to hold the twig at the bottom and to keep all the twigs aligned. Because you have let the glue set and you are using with work surface to help hold the bottom of the twigs, they should not shift. Cover entire vase with twigs.
5. Wrap with ribbon or twine and tie into knot. Set aside to dry.