Savannah Starr has some creative fun with BIG red lips! Created with layers of brown grocery bag, this oversize pendant is lightweight and makes quite the trendy fashion statement! Featured on Cool2Craft TV.
Watch Savannah’s Brown Bag Red Lips Pendant YouTube video tutorial!
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
Brown grocery bags
Acrylic paint – red, white
Savannah Starr Red Lips Pendant Patterns
Cardboard or gift card squeegee
Hole punch – small (for jump ring)
Large jump ring
Necklace of your choice
1. Transfer patterns to brown grocery bag. Glue patterns to two more layers of brown grocery bag using squeegee to apply glue in a thin even layer.
2. Use brayer to roll over the layered brown bag to help glue hold evenly.
3. White glue is still wet, cut out all pattern pieces.
4. Hold pencil to center back of lip pieces. Use fingers to curl pieces lightly around pencil to give them dimension. Set aside to dry completely.
5. Use hole punch to create hole for jump ring.
6. Paint pieces as noted on pattern. Set aside to dry.
7. Apply glue as noted on pattern. Glue pieces together using photo as guide. Use clothespins to help hold pieces together while drying.
8.Spray finished pendant with gloss spray to seal and give a slight sheen. Let dry completely.
9. Use jewelry pliers to open jump ring. Insert into hole, attach to necklace and close jump ring with pliers.