Craft foil on polymer clay is dazzling and romantic! Well, it is to Candace Jedrowicz, who loves making sparkly polymer clay and craft foil hearts! Add the hearts to a chain with some baubles and beads and you’ve got a dandy Valentine Charm. Featured on Cool2Craft TV.
Watch Candace’s Valentine Charm YouTube video tutorial!
Polymer clay – I used red and pink
Pasta machine or rolling pin
Craft foil – also red and pink
Cookie cutter – mini heart shape
Bone folder or piece of paper for burnishing
20 gauge wire
Crystals and assorted beads
Round nose pliers
Chain nose pliers
Clear dimensional sealer
1. Condition clays and roll to about 1/8″ thickness or the second thickest setting on the pasta roller.
2. Lay the craft foil on the clay and follow the package directions for applying.
3. Cut 2 hearts.
4. Cut a 1″ piece of wire. Fold it over the round nose pliers. Crimp the wire to form a loop. Turn the ends up. This will hold the loop in place when the 2 pieces are in place.
5. Put the clay hearts together, back to back with the loop in place. Push lightly to join together. Bake according to package directions.
6. When the clay is cooled add a layer of clear dimensional sealer. Allow to dry. Repeat on the other side.
7. Fix the clasp to one end of the chain.
8. Use jump rings to add the heart(s), and beads to the charm.